School Councils are a great way for parents/guardians to become engaged in the school. The purpose of the Council is “to improve student achievement and enhance the accountability of the education system to parents (Reg.612/2.1) through active parent engagement.
- All parents/guardians with children registered in our school are eligible to be elected to the School Council.
- A person is not qualified to be a parent member of the School Council if that person is employed at the Toronto District School Board unless reasonable steps to inform about that employment have been communicated to the people who are qualified to vote in the election.
The deadline for submitting this nomination form is Thursday, November 4th, 2021.
- Candidates will be notified of eligibility by Monday, November 8th, 2021.
- The elections shall be by secret ballot on November 15th, 2021 – the exact time and conference call link will be shared in advance.
- If there are not enough interested candidates, the nominees will be acclaimed.
- In order to vote, you must have a child(ren) registered at Bedford Park Public School