Education Resources for Parents
- TDSB Parent’s Resources Page
- TDSB Code of Conduct
- Ministry of Education
- The Toronto Public Library
- Reading and Writing with Your Child, Kindergarten to Grade 6: A Parent Guide
- Doing Mathematics with Your Child, Kindergarten to Grade 6: A Parent Guide
- EQAO Tests: Parents Information
- CODE: Planning Parent Engagement, Parent Tool Kit, Parent Tool Kit – Teen Edition
Education Resources for Students
TDSB Extreme Weather Policy
Children need an opportunity to get exercise and free play time outdoors, however, weather conditions sometimes warrant that indoor recesses, lunch periods and pre-entry periods be considered necessary for student and staff safety. When temperature and/or windchill factor indicates -28C or lower children will remain indoors due to risk of frostnip and frostbite. When temperature and/or windchill factor indicates –20 to –28C, recesses may be shortened to 10 minutes and lunch recess to 20 minutes depending on local conditions. During extreme weather conditions, parents and students may wait inside up to 15 minutes prior to the entry or dismissal bells.
Our Government – Local and Beyond
- City of Toronto – Ward 25 Don Valley West City Councillor Jaye Robinson – website or email
- Province of Ontario – Don Valley West MPP and Premier Hon Kathleen Wynne – website or email
- Government of Canada
Learning a second language is an advantage for students and studies show is a key factor in academic success. A second language enhances overall skills in learning, expands career opportunities, promotes understanding among cultures, and creates multilingual world citizens. The TDSB offers a variety of French as a Second Language Programs in elementary and secondary schools.
In addition to the Core French program provided in all schools, the TDSB offers two specialized French programs:
Application to begin these programs is open to all students not already enrolled in an FSL program. Application to these programs is made online the year the student is in JK (FI) or Grade 3 (EF).
Further information on French as a Second Language programs and the application process is available online at www.tdsb.on.ca/french.