Thursday, March 5, 2020 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
Click HERE to link to register. This sequel to the very popular original 2016 Screenagers film focuses on the impact social media and other types of screen time can have on the mental health and wellness of our youth. The film will also give parents and youth some strategies to deal with stress, anxiety, depression and loneliness.
About this Event
Admission is free; however we will be accepting voluntary donations upon arrival with a suggested amount of $5.00 per person. The donations will be used to offset the screening license and put towards a donation to the Skylark Foundation. To learn more about the Skylark Foundation; please click here: https://www.skylarkyouth.org/
- Doors to this event will open at 6:30 pm.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase.
- Parking: Northern has two free parking lots (one behind the school building and one underground at the south west corner of Broadway Ave. and Rawlinson Ave (under the sports field).
Film viewing begins at 7:00 pm in the auditorium followed by a Q & A Discussion by our Panel at 8:15 pm
Our Discussion Panel Members include:
- Jennifer MacPhee: Head of Guidance, Northern Secondary
- Lisa Kreindler: Social Worker, Northern Secondary
- Dayna Morris: Psychological Associate with TDSB
- Dale Callender: Registered Psychotherapist with Skylark Foundation and in-house counselor at Northern
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE SCREENAGERS TRAILER
WE HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO JOIN US FOR THIS SPECIAL VIEWING HOWEVER IN THE EVENT OF A TDSB JOB STRIKE; OUR ALTERNATIVE DATE WILL BE WEDNESDAY MARCH 11TH AT THE SAME TIME.
Have questions about SCREENAGERS – NEXT CHAPTER VIEWING HOSTED BY NORTHERN SECONDARY SCHOOL? Contact Northern Secondary School Parent Council